The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Downloaded map not working

It's all about maps...
harbrimar

[closed] Downloaded map not working

Post by harbrimar »

I uploaded the paid version of AlpineQuest on my Samsung Galaxy today and have tried to copy a OSGB map onto the SD card. I have gone through the process of creating the map with no problem. I have copied the AQM file to the SD card but when I look at the the list of offline maps on my phone the map is not there (only the default map is on the list). I have noticed that the downloaded map is 34,436KB and the version copied onto the SD card is only 33.6MB. I took account of the fact that the USB transfer may have been slow by waiting 15 min but the file size remains the same. The other things I have noticed there is an identical set of AQ files in the internal memory (but not my map).The log files are totally empty. Hope you can help!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Downloaded map not working

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for posting here,
Where did you put your map on your SD card?
The best way is to start AlpineQuest on time before copying maps, so that the application can create all needed folders.
Maps must be copied in the folder 'alpinequest/maps/' on the SD card.
Note that on the Galaxy the SD card is located as 'sdcard/external_sd/' or something like that, so in the map explorer, you should see an address (on the top banner) like 'sdcard/external_sd/alpinequest/maps/'.
Let me know if your are then ok.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
harbrimar

Post by harbrimar »

Thanks for the response. I have checked "my files" on the phone and checked external sd folder. There is an Alpinequest directory on the card. This has 4 folders; cache, Alpinequest.log, landmarks and maps. The maps folder contains my downloaded map. The same Alpinequest folders are in the home directory as well (but of course not my downloaded map). The only map shown on the list in the /sdcard/Alpinequest/maps/ folder when viewing the offline maps from the program is the default world map.
harbrimar

Post by harbrimar »

The map I have produced is in the external SD card folder but when I click on the AQ offline map icon there is nothing shown and it just shows the default world map. I have gone through the process of producing a further map but again this does not appear when I click on the offline maps icon. What else do you suggest?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Are you sure that '/sdcard/' is your real external memory card ?
On Samsung devices, the external memory card (SD Card) used to be under something like '/sdcard/sd/' or '/sdcard/external_sd/', and the internal storage under '/sdcard/'.
I don't know why Samsung did that, but this is very confusing.

So concerning your map issue, I think that your offline map is located under '/sdcard/sd/alpinequest/maps/', so you should try to set the AlpineQuest folder to '/sdcard/sd/' or '/sdcard/external_sd/' in AlpineQuest settings (you need to restart the application after changing this field) so AlpineQuest will browse your real external memory.
Let me know if it's then OK.
Best regards
harbrimar

Post by harbrimar »

Many thanks! I changed the settings as advised and it is now finding my maps.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

OK Great!