The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

AlpineQuest not running in Background on HTC Desire HD

It's all about maps...
mizh

AlpineQuest not running in Background on HTC Desire HD

Post by mizh »

Hi Forum
It seems AQ (latest version) can not run in Background on my Desire HD. At least I don't know how to set it up correctly to do that. This makes the app effectively unusable, because every time I leave the AQ display it stops running completely and GPS is turned off.
If the screen is set to switch off automatically this also happens. If I set it to always on, the battery is eaten up too rapidly.
I have another app called "apemap" which does this correctly but can not use that many map formats. That app has a dedicated Exit button or it must be killed manually, otherwise it keeps on running even if it is not on the display.
Am I doing something wrong?

Greetings Michael
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: AlpineQuest not running in Background on HTC Desire HD

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Here is the behavior or AlpineQuest:

With the GPS disabled
- Pressing the phone's "back" button will completely stop the application;
- Pressing the phone's "home" button will only hide the application just as if another application was sent over it.

With the GPS enabled
- Pressing the phone's "back" button will completely stop the application. When application is started again, the GPS will be activated;
- Pressing the phone's "home" button will hide the application just as if another application was sent over it and this will also disable temporary the GPS to save the battery. When application is displayed again the GPS is automatically enabled.

With the GPS enabled and a track being recorded
- Pressing the phone's "back" button will ask the user to confirm the exit. If confirmed, the application is completely stopped. When application is started again, the GPS will be activated but the track needs to be manually resumed if wanted;
- Pressing the phone's "home" button will hide the application just as if another application was sent over it and this will not disable the GPS to keep on tracking in background.

When starting the application, if you see the starting screen it means that the application was stopped, if not it means that it was only in background.
Tell me is something doesn't work correctly on your device.
Best regards.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !