The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Creator - GPX Management

It's all about maps...
Blaze Falconburger

Creator - GPX Management

Post by Blaze Falconburger »

:idea: It would be great if you could edit waypoints. For example I added say 10 waypoints but then I wanted to insert one in the middle somewhere it would be great if it just listed all waypoints and you can pick a slot to insert a new one into (or delete one).

It would also be great if you could move one that you have already placed. E.g. if it listed them you could just select the one row then it would allow it to be edited (drag/dropped or new co-ordinates etc).
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Creator - GPX Management

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Do you mean in the Map creator or in AlpineQuest ?
A lot of new features are planned for GPX management inside AlpineQuest, like some you are mentioning : multiple waypoints, copy/cut waypoints, etc...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Blaze Falconburger

Re: Creator - GPX Management

Post by Blaze Falconburger »

Sorry, I meant in the Map Creator - the idea being that if I can plot a route offline at home/wherever using the Map Creator which is easy to browse and switch maps etc - to create a complex route, and then upload it to the memory card. So of course when creating a long route it is easy to mess up (yes, I should probably save more regularly), but say I almost complete a route but then I decide I want to move some at or near the start. For me it is much easier to make the route using the luxury of the Map Creator rather than on the phone with a smaller screen.

As it is just a gpx file I could just use an online creator (e.g. http://www.marengo-ltd.com/map/) - it has the ability to move /insert/delete waypoints but it would be very nice to be able to use it in the Creator with full screen browsing and switchable maps.