The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Uploading Russian Topo Maps to AlpineQuest

It's all about maps...
Eowo

Uploading Russian Topo Maps to AlpineQuest

Post by Eowo »

Hello there,

I am heading to Greenland very soon and am looking at how to get the best maps possible (which are not of very good quality anyway).

I found relatively good maps in the Russian Topo Maps app. (see screenshot #1) The provider seems to be available in AlpineQuest (under the name Soviet Military Map).

Unfortunately there's not at all the same info as in their official app... (see screen shot #2) Would anyone have a solution? I imagine that I could somehow find the maps used in the Russian Topo Maps and upload them to AlpineQuest, but totally unsure how.

Many many thanks!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Uploading Russian Topo Maps to AlpineQuest

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
There are a few maps available for Greenland in the community maps list, but unfortunately only some areas are covered.
Concerning the Soviet topo maps that are available in the app, they are old maps made in soviet times, so not the same thing as the other app you found.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Post by Guest »

Thank you for your answer!

I found a way to download the maps from the Russian Topo Maps application, so I have a bunch of folders with the .jpg files in it. Is there a way to convert these maps to a format Alpine Quest can use?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

You can add images as maps and calibrate them from the map (https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... -calibrate), but it must be done for each map.
Depending on how your files are named, you may be able to read them all as a zipped tiles map.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !