The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Map+(Switzerland) problem

It's all about maps...
Twom

[closed] Map+(Switzerland) problem

Post by Twom »

I want to create a map from the Map+(Switzerland) source. Unfortunately it does not work. I do get .tar files instead of AQM files. The Openstreetmaps do succeed. Is there an opportunity to also create a map from the Map+ source?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Map+(Switzerland) problem

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Twom
I just checked the Map+ source and it seems to work well (for me unless...).
I'm using the Map Creator available here : http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/aqm
Here is the result I get (AQM v2 map with 3 level of details) : TestMapSource.AQM
You can explain more precisely how you proceed so that we could find if there is something wrong.
Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Twom

Post by Twom »

I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but its working know. I just re-installed the application. Thanks a lot! Tip for improvement of the application: multi-touch interface.

Best regards,

Tom
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

OK great.
And you're right, zooming/dezooming with multi-touch could be a good feature.
The only "problem" is that it's only compatible with newer Android version, so I'll need to make and distribute 2 different versions (so 4 including full/free)... But this will necessary be done sometime in order to take advantage of new Android features...
Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Re: [closed] Map+(Switzerland) problem

Post by Guest »

any update on getting multitouch working as it would greatly enhance the usability of this app. I almost didnt buy it due to the lack of multitouch but the smooth operation compared to other apps led me to buy alpinequest. great app!