The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Not saving Atlas as settings display on screen in Creator

It's all about maps...
Blaze Falconburger

Not saving Atlas as settings display on screen in Creator

Post by Blaze Falconburger »

This caught me out whilst I was playing and trying to create some custom maps. If you select an area and add it to the content, but then change the zoom or map source it does not take affect for the already selected area. Instead you must delete the selection and then re-add it with the new settings. It would be useful if you could apply the new zoom/source settings to the current selection to save having to keep deleting & recreating it.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Not saving Atlas as settings display on screen in Creato

Post by Psyberia-Support »

I understand your point of view, but this can also be seen as a good think : you can add multiple different configurations ('layers'), and then create all maps in one time.
I mean you can add a first layer (data source / coordinates / zoom / name ), then completely change settings and add a second one without overriding the first one, and then start the creation process (which will result in creating 2 maps file, one for each layer).
This behaviour means that once you click on 'Add selection', configuration is saved and cannot be modified.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Blaze Falconburger

Post by Blaze Falconburger »

True, the ability to have different sources/zoom levels for different areas is quite a good idea, though I have not tried - how about the ability to change the settings for an existing selection?

I found when I was trying out different sources/zooms and uploading to the memory card that I had to keep deleting and re-adding the same section - it would be much easier to just change the properties for each layer.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes, there is maybe something to add to allow user to modify an existing layer.
This feature is more like general and primary concerns the Mobile Atlas Creator project.
If I have time, I'll try to do something.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !