The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

austrian basemap

It's all about maps...
helwin

austrian basemap

Post by helwin »

I downloaded some 30 Gb of aerial photos (Austrian Basemap Orthophoto") for offline use.

Every three years, the data on the servers is updated with the lates aerial images.

How can i keep the old version along with the new data?

I would like to use the old and new photos as layers.

Thank you for your help.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: austrian basemap

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,

Sorry, but this app doesn't support multiple dates for map.

Maybe if you rename all the stored data of this map under a different name to make the app think it's a different map, disable update for this map, and then update the initial map you can achieve this, but I've never done it so I'm not even sure if it's possible.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
helwin

Post by helwin »

Many thanks for your quick reply! Excellent support here!

I will try this and then report to the forum.

Best regards
Ingensor

Post by Ingensor »

helwin

Hello!
I've been doing this...
Old AQX I left intact, made a copy of it with a different name and edited the "source id" in the new AQX
Everything works fine! :)

Post by Guest »

Nice!

Could you be so kind to share some details on "editing the source ID"... I have no idea what you mean.

Thank you!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Just use a different map source ID so the application correctly differentiate them.

Post by Guest »

Thanx for the info!

But what you call "a simple example" in your online help is actually rocket science for me.

So someone who has the spare time and patience to offer some kind of step-by-step- guide would be much appreciated...

If additional infos from my side are needed I will be glad to supply these.

Thank you and best regards
helwin

Post by helwin »

A comparison for those of you who wonder why I am so specific on this subject.

The angle of the sunlight can offer so many informations on the nature of e.g. north faces...
2016.JPG
(129.48 KiB) Downloaded 949 times
2019.JPG
(166.24 KiB) Downloaded 949 times
helwin

Post by helwin »

Ok it´s me again...
So here is a screenshot of that particular map´s files.
Screenshot.jpg
(62.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Are you talking about the file "COM.56.AQX" which I have to copy and change the source ID? Or do I have to copy all the rest as well?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Not the file itself.

Open it with a text editor, and duplicated the part from "<source>" until "</source>" (example here).

Then in the duplicated bloc, change "<source id="AUSBASEPHOTO">" into "<source id="AUSBASEPHOTO_2">". It will be your new data.

Do not touch the other files.
helwin

Post by helwin »

Ok thanks I will try this.

But there seems to be a strange behavior...before trying this I toyed around with updating some areas (without having modified the .aqx file) via "select and save an area" and noticed that it did not work.

The area would not update.

Only via "displayed maps" ...long press..."force update..." the map updated ( only the current zoom level, but this is the intended behavior I think?)

"Use only local storage" is unchecked of course.

Any ideas?
helwin

Post by helwin »

edit:
This happens only in areas that are already stored to the highest zoom.

In all other areas the app will happilly automatically update the missing zoom levels while moving the map.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes, "displayed maps" ...long press..."force update..." only update what is displayed.

Concerning your problem, I have never noticed this.
Note that if the last zoom levels is higher than 20, the data won't be stored (unless the map storage has been created with AQ 2.2.8).

If your AQX file does not contain personal credentials, you can email it to me so I can make the changes described above and check the last zoom level problem.
helwin

Post by helwin »

Thank you so much for designing my very personal file, and it works great.

But human nature is like, fulfil one wish and three more will arise :-)

So I created two favorite sets of these distinct dated areal images and one with both of them in order to blend them.

What I miss is a shortcut.

Right now the steps are:

(maps menu- tap the favorite set-dispayed maps- ) tap on upper map and the layer blending is displayed- blend.

Is there a way to store a favorite set of multiple maps and display the layer blending mode right away?

And that pre-installed "Base map"..
AQSS.JPG
(49.22 KiB) Not downloaded yet
...I can´t change anything on that, only tap "details", so why display it anyway?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
If you're really talking about the "Layer blending mode" (ie Normal, Product, Darken, etc.), then no there is no shortcut. This mode is saved and restored with the favorite set, I don't see why you want to change it often.
However if you're talking about the opacity of the top layer, then yes there is a shortcut: add the custom menu item called "Layer opacity". If you put this item at the first place, then long pressing the main menu icon will directly display the layer opacity control (of the top most map).
Note that you can also put your 2 maps in 2 different favorite map sets: display the first one, then long press the second one and choose "Add as layer", in this case the opacity control will be immediately displayed.