The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

AplineQuest does actually use max-threads in .aqx

It's all about maps...
kingFu

AplineQuest does actually use max-threads in .aqx

Post by kingFu »

Hi,
I've a custom map server, also a paid one. I've tried all possible options to increase the download speed without any success.
Both servers could easily handle up to 40 download connections without a problem, but max-threads has no effect at all. The download speed doesn't go above 45KiB/s while I can get up to 1MiB/s using desktop apps.
I hope you fix this and allow aplineuqest to actually use max-threads specified as long as android memory allows.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: AplineQuest does actually use max-threads in .aqx

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The application uses 3 threads max to download the maps. You can limit this number to 2 or 1 by using the "max-threads" tag, but not increase it.
This number of thread is sufficient to reach high download speeds. The default map currently downloads at 333KB/s (see screenshot), so much higher than what you get.

Note that your download speed can be limited by a large number of factors, not only the server and the application: wifi, device board, device storage write speed, time of day (isp load), etc.
Attachments
device.jpg
(93.14 KiB) Downloaded 1703 times
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !