The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Track recording incorrect

It's all about maps...
hikingwoman

Track recording incorrect

Post by hikingwoman »

Track recording see attached
Sent: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:34 pm

I could not find my problem on the forum. I love the tracker however, the last two times I used it.
first in Ouray Co. Started track recorder working well. But the states showed the miles as 500+. I know
I only about a mile. When it was all done I looked at the recording and it showed the track perfectly.
But when I saved it there was a line from my start record all the way back to my home time of Las Vegas.
I did not have the phone on or the app running for 4 days since I left home. That is why it said 500+ miles.

Then the same occured in California.
When I start recording. It doesn't start from where I am but jumps all the way back to my home of LV
and records a straight line and miles from there.

I cannot find any setting to correct this. Please advise. I can alter the track when I get home, But then I don't have
the correct miles during my hike.Image
Attachments
2019-10-03_1158.png
(370.93 KiB) Downloaded 2094 times
2019-10-03_1157.png
(221.69 KiB) Downloaded 2094 times
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Track recording incorrect

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry a lot for the delay.
That's a strange problem. Does it occur all the time or only sometimes?
Just to be sure, are you sure that when you start a new track, the track recorded is correctly stopped with the previous track saved? Otherwise it may append the new track to what's already been recorded.
If it's not this, you can try to start your GPS a little before starting to record your tracks, this way you'll be able to check if the GPS has correctly computed your new location, far away from home. This is an usual situation, and the application should not record those "old" previous locations, but in case there is a problem here you can check this point.
Other than that, you can clean your track by clicking on it on the map, selecting "Edit profile" and delete the points that are not part of the main track.
If possible, it would be great if you email me the .trk file of one of your track (contact at psyberia dot net).
Sorry for the troubles
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
hikingwoman

Re: Track recording incorrect

Post by hikingwoman »

Thank you for responding. I just got this I wasn't on line for some time. I will try all you advise and will send the track If I can find it.
Thanks again.