The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] strange GPX behavour with AQM Map Creator in Ubuntu

It's all about maps...
dibrial

[closed] strange GPX behavour with AQM Map Creator in Ubuntu

Post by dibrial »

I really love your program. I prefer it on my Android phone over my Garmin XT which I used previously on my S60 device.

Untill now I only have one issue with .gpx files in AQM Map Creator with my ubuntu 10.04 installation.

When I have loaded an existing .gpx file and start to zoom the map screen turn completely red. It looks like this is the red line from the gpx track 4 is displayed with a wrong width.
In a Win7 installation this is displayed correct. So the gpx file is OK.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: strange GPX behavour with AQM Map Creator in Ubuntu

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback and support!
I've not reproduced the issue with my Ubuntu 9.10 using this GPX file: http://www.topografix.com/fells_loop.gpx.
When I have time I'll update 9.10 in 10.04 and make a new test.

If you are using the full version of AlpineQuest, you can open GPX files with it. You can also easily create Routes: re-organize waypoints, rename them, delete them, etc. The GPX support is very light in the Map Creator which is not really meant to be used as a GPX editor...

For creating routes in AlpineQuest (this feature is not yet documented...):
- Go in the Landmarks view;
- Click on 'Create', then 'New route';
- Choose a name. Then you return automatically in the map view;
- Add as waypoints as you want using the contextual menu: press the center of information bar and release over the map and select 'Add a waypoint';
- When you have finished, use the contextual menu entry 'Terminate route' to save the GPX file.

Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
dibrial

Post by dibrial »

I'm using the full version of AlpineQuest, but are mostly downloading .gpx from an external source.
The GPX source I'm using is for example: http://www.anwb.nl/binaries/zip/wandele ... ifel01.zip
With Ubuntu I'm using the OpenJDK Java 6 runtime and the restricted extras installation from the software center.

Maybe this will help reproducing when you've upgrade to the latest and best :) Ubuntu release.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I attached a screenshot of your track on my Ubuntu 9.10 (I'have still not updated to 10.04, arghh).
It seems to be correct... I'm using the Sun Java 6 VM, the difference could come from that...
I'll try with the OpenJDK.
Attachments
capture.jpg
GPX track in MOBAC
(158.37 KiB) Downloaded 3949 times
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !