The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

convert from aqm to other format

It's all about maps...
aurélien

convert from aqm to other format

Post by aurélien »

hi,
thanks for your support with aplinequest.
does a windows software exist which supports .aqm map?
I'd like to work on my laptop with some .aqm maps i get but i can't find a software (global mapper style) who can open it.

Thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: convert from aqm to other format

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,

Even if the AQM format is open source and so anyone could read it, I don't know any app supporting it as an input.

AQM files are usually created using MOBAC in which you can directly use the original data...

Sorry for not being more helpful.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
bodom

Post by bodom »

I am interested on this topic too: I have downloaded some map tiles and would like to convert them to be used in AlpineQuest.

The link you posted is part of MOBAC source: it needs to be reverse-engineered to guess the file format description.

If AQM format is open source, there should be a document describing the format itself available somewhere. Unfortunately, i couldn't find it… may somebody link it?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,

The link points to the source code of the AQM creator, so no need to reverse-engineer anything, it's already the original code!
It also act as the official implementation and definition.

However, if you just need to load your tiles into AlpineQuest, there is no need to create an AQM map file. You can put your tiles in a folder called "XYZ", zip it, and open it in AlpineQuest. More info here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... sed-select

Best regards
bodom

Post by bodom »

Thank you, that's an interesting option. Will AlpineQuest accept a zip64 (bigger than 4Gb)?

What's the difference between XYZ/ and TMS/ zip formats?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

AlpineQuest uses the Android built-in ZIP support which unfortunately doesn't support zip64.

Concerning the difference between XYZ and TMS:
- XYZ is for tiles following the "classical" Google/OSM naming scheme. You'll probably want to use this one;
- TMS is for tiles following the TMS naming scheme, which have an inverted y counting compared to Google/OSM. In TMS, y values increase from bottom to top, whereas in Google/OSM they increase from top to bottom.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Best regards