The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] I can't use GPX files with this?

It's all about maps...
spooksmcgee

[closed] I can't use GPX files with this?

Post by spooksmcgee »

I purchased this because someone in the Android market stated you could drag and drop gpx files onto the SD card and they worked. Well it looks like they were misinformed and you can only use aqm files?

I went into Mobile Map Creator, and followed the instructions from the download page on making maps. The only difference is I loaded up my gpx file. I can view the map in AQ, but it has none of my waypoints or tracks that were included in the gpx file. What am I doing wrong? Here is the gpx file I am trying to use btw:

http://www.linvillegorge.net/linville/l ... master.gpx

Thanks for any help.

Below is a picture of my setup in the map creator:
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3036/nonamed.png
Thunderbird30

Re: I can't use GPX files with this?

Post by Thunderbird30 »

You need to copy the gpx file into the alpinequest\landmarks directory on your android device.Once you've done this,click on the button in Alpinequest called Focus (Bottom right of the screen),then click browse.This will display the gpx file that you imported.
Click on the gpx file which will then display the waypoints included in the gpx file.

Hope this helps!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Like explained by Thunderbird30, I downloaded your GPX file into my phone, rename it as a .gpx (the Internet browser saved it as a .txt file) and copy it on the folder "alpinequest/landmarks". In AlpineQuest I selected it from the Landmarks Explorer, and after about 20 sec (your file is really big!) I was able to browse the content and to focus some tracks.
Regards.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
spooksmcgee

Post by spooksmcgee »

Awesome, thanks guys!