The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Newbie question on changing map storage location

It's all about maps...
isman

Newbie question on changing map storage location

Post by isman »

As a newbie to this forum I am struggling to change the storage location of onboard maps.
I have a set of Finnish maps generated in AQM format and want to place them in a directory called Finland under the MAPS directory created by the app.
I have read the info in the online help on changing the storage location for maps but the screen shots bear little resemblance to what I see in my version(Hiking ver 2.0.3) of the app.
I've gone to SETTINGS/TECHNICAL SETTINGS/STORAGE LOCATION and see the application path on the phones SD card which is highlighted, but I can't change it!
What am I doing wrong?

Would welcome some help here please.

Many thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Newbie question on changing map storage location

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
You can change the application folder, but it doesn't really matter on where you put your .AQM maps. The application uses the application folder to store downloaded maps from within the app, however you can select .AQM maps from anywhere.
You you can use the default settings (application on the internal storage), and put your .AQM maps in a folder called "Finland" on your SD card. After that, select your map as explained here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/m ... sed-select
Let me know if you have any question.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !