The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Using OfflineMaps to download maps for AlpineQuest help please

It's all about maps...
j_cocker

[closed] Using OfflineMaps to download maps for AlpineQuest help please

Post by j_cocker »

My setup is as follows:

- (the paid version) of AlpineQuest on my phone; and
- (the paid version) of OfflineMaps on a tablet

I just finished downloading a UK OS map on the tablet, and I would like to move it to the phone so that I can use it offline when hiking.

I copied the OfflineMaps folder which contains that map that I'd downloaded from the tablet to a PC, and I would like to now copy the relevant folder(s)/files from the PC to the phone for AlpineQuest to use.

I believe that the map is in this folder /OfflineMaps/cache/custom-maps/ which contains 3 files:
COM.4.AQX (8 KB),
COM.4.AQX.MSOS.DAT (2GB, I assume this is the map), and
COM.4.AQX.MSOS.IDX (8 MB)

I tried to copy this folder to the phone and point AlpineQuest at it (Maps->Available Maps->Menu->SD Card->the folder where the 3 files are), but it only sees this file COM.4.AQX, and the map does no seem to be loaded once I select it...

Which folder/files should I copy? Am I doing this correctly?

Many thanks in advance.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Using OfflineMaps to download maps for AlpineQuest help please

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your support.
The maps you're trying to move are on-demand maps so they must be placed in a particular folder.
- On your phone, check where is the application folder as explained here and change it if needed;
- Then put the 3 files in the sub-folder "/cache/custom-maps/" of the application folder;
- Restart the application.
You should then be able to select your map from the maps explorer (available on-demand maps section).
Let me know if you have any question
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
j_cocker

Re: Using OfflineMaps to download maps for AlpineQuest help please

Post by j_cocker »

Many thanks!