The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Where have the UK topo maps gone?

It's all about maps...
wilx

Where have the UK topo maps gone?

Post by wilx »

Hi,
I have just installed on a new device, but it does not list any of the UK maps in the community map section ( ADD NEW MAPS) I have tried on 2 new devices. My phone( which has had Alpinequest installed for some time) has a section UK Maps with
OS Explorer
OS Street View
London Street Map

Help please all have 2.0.2 ob
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Where have the UK topo maps gone?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
It's already explained here.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

wilx wrote:Hi,
I have just installed on a new device, but it does not list any of the UK maps in the community map section ( ADD NEW MAPS) I have tried on 2 new devices. My phone( which has had Alpinequest installed for some time) has a section UK Maps with
OS Explorer
OS Street View
London Street Map

Help please all have 2.0.2 ob
The OSGB maps have been dropped from Community Maps, due to copyright issues. However, they still work perfectly well. So all you need to do is copy your map cache and config file from your old phone installation, onto your new phone. I would recommend keeping a copy of your map cache on an external device, such as a PC, so that you can always recover.

I presume that you have a personal BING key?
wilx

Post by wilx »

Yemble wrote: I presume that you have a personal BING key?
No that is the strange thing, as far as I know I don't have a Bing key? I know the maps all messed up a couple of years ago where the largest maps would not show and would load the open map rubbing out the stored maps, but they suddenly started working again and were available last time I did a reinstall on my phone perhaps 5 months ago and as I say still appear in the list on my phone