The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Garmin map

It's all about maps...
alexlong

Garmin map

Post by alexlong »

Hi.
I tried to create *.aqx for Garmin map but face some troubles with syntax. Please, help me to make *.aqx of Garmin map for AlpineQuest
All details in the attachement (description and my *.aqx file with a possible syntax error)
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Files.zip
(1.1 KiB) Downloaded 551 times
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Garmin map

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I'll have a look at that and give you an update soon.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
Here is a working file. Just select it like an on-board map to install it.
Let me know if you have any issue.
Garmin.aqx
(390 Bytes) Downloaded 843 times
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Thanks a lot. It really WORKS!!!
I'm used to make some other *.aqx maps, but I had some troubles with this particular one. Now it's OK.
I also try to create maps from SAS.Planet sources, but sometimes it is rather difficult to find the right way to transctibe their scripts for AlpineQuest.
By the way why do you make the server string like this <server><![CDATA[http://maps.navicom.ru/nms/getTile.ashx ... 9008C5D943 ?
with CDATA?
There is some information about how to make *.aqx maps on the AlpineQuest online pages but could I find some more info? Where can I read more?
Thanks in advance from Russia
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again, and no problem. Don't hesitate to ask if you have issues with .aqx files.

I've just followed instructions given here:

Code: Select all

getTile.ashx?key;x;y;zoom
becomes:

Code: Select all

getTile.ashx?key;{$x};{$y};{$z}
using AlpineQuest params. I also used a CDATA just to be sure the application reads the content inside "<![CDATA[" ... "]]>" as plain text, and do not try to parse any xml tags or content (a bit technical, sorry... to make it simple, it's better to use CDATA around URLs).

Currently, the only help about .aqx files is here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... red-create. When the new version is ready, I'll update it and make it more clear.

Best regards