The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

"store area" doesn't appears

It's all about maps...
carlocorio

"store area" doesn't appears

Post by carlocorio »

on my app this voice (should be under "Displayed maps" doesn't appear.

How ever the app is wondeful

Carlo
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: "store area" doesn't appears

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Be sure to have at least one online map displayed.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
carlocorio

Post by carlocorio »

how to do?

I thought through that command I could download the maps.

I installed offlinemaps, but I can not understand where it save the map and in wich format (aqm?)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Please have a look at the online help: http://www.offline-maps.net/en/help/map ... store-area
It's clearly explained how it works.

In few words, this is a store area tool, not a map creator or downloader. Just display an online map (OSM map, Bing map), and then store locally the area you need for offline use.
It's just that simple. No need to create map files, download countries, or anything else.

Best regards
carlocorio

Post by carlocorio »

Hi

I have done that procedure with offline-maps, but:
1)I can't understand where the data is stored
2) how to use it in alpinquest

best regards,

carlo
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,

1) The data is stored in the application folder. You can check where it is by opening the application settings, click on "Storage device" and see which one is chosen.
2) Just display again the area you've stored and the application will automatically use the stored data instead of downloading it.

If seems you're very used to old classical "file based" maps. We think this is an old-fashioned method, that required you to copy just the maps you need from DVD, removing old ones, etc. Smartphone now have enough space to use other methods allowing you not to worry at all about this process. However you can still use them with AlpineQuest, you just need MOBAC to create these maps. Have a look at the "on-board" map section here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/maps.
Carlocorio

Post by Carlocorio »

I use mobac. It's a wonderfull program. But it requires a pc. It woild be useful to download a map (or an area?) only with the smatphone to use it offline. I think this is the why of "offline-maps". I'm wrong?. I downloded an area with offline maps but I didn't succeed in use it in alpinequest.
Carlocorio

Post by Carlocorio »

I have tried again: I succeed in use the downloded area in offline-maps also with no connection. But not in alpinquest. Is it possible to import the downloded area in alpinequest?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

It's call "Offline-maps" because you can store and use your maps offline.
AlpineQuest is a more complete version of OfflineMaps dedicated to hiking. You should first decide which one best matches your need and only use this one, there is no need to use both.
Concerning the storage "Store area" tool, it's the same for both apps, here is the online help for AlpineQuest, if you follow the steps, it will work. If there is a problem when storing the map, then you'll see an error message.
Carlocorio

Post by Carlocorio »

Perfect. And now we are at the initial point of this discussion. The voice "store area" in my alpinquest dosn't exist. This is the wy I tried with offline-maps
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

No need to be rude, I'm just trying to help you.
Now that we're back to the "initial point of discussion", it would be good that you read (again or not) my first answer, simply explaining why you do not see the menu entry.

Note also that you can only use the "Store area" tool in the complete version of AlpineQuest (but it's still displayed in the Lite), so that's not your "issue".
Carlocorio

Post by Carlocorio »

ok, sorry, we probably would not understand because of my bad English.
Your first answer was "Be sure to have at least one online map displayed." and I said "how to do?"

the button didn't appear because I was leaving selected the MOBAC map.

I thank you
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok sorry for the misunderstanding.
Good if it's fine now.
Best regards
Carlocorio

Post by Carlocorio »

Yes now it's fine. And I repeat: alpinquest is a fantastic app. :D :D
Carlocorio

Post by Carlocorio »

only another question: if I want to clear the data downloded with "store area" to free space on the device, how can I do?