The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Is AQM file format proprietary?

It's all about maps...
Jelf

Is AQM file format proprietary?

Post by Jelf »

Can I make AQM files with my own code or is that file format proprietary?

I am a software developer and one of my projects is Gmap4 which is an enhanced Google map viewer which includes the ability to display user-specified ArcGIS and WMS tiles.

I am looking for an Android app that can can display offline some kind of georeferenced file that I can produce with my own code. The source tiles are already in the web mercator projection and of course my code knows the corner coordinates for the tiles.

AlpineQuest looks like a good choice for an Android app *if* the AQM file format is open source.

BTW, for an iOS app that has the feature I need I like Multiplans.

Joseph
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Is AQM file format proprietary?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application.
Yes the .AQM file format is open source, you can find the sources in the MOBAC sourceforge repository.
However the application now uses another default (improved) format, so it would be great if you could use this new format instead (but it's up to you). Sources are not included in MOBAC yet but I can send them to you on request (without any restriction of usage/distribution).
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Jelf

Post by Jelf »

AlpineQuest wrote:Hi and thanks for your interest in our application.
Yes the .AQM file format is open source, you can find the sources in the MOBAC sourceforge repository.
However the application now uses another default (improved) format, so it would be great if you could use this new format instead (but it's up to you). Sources are not included in MOBAC yet but I can send them to you on request (without any restriction of usage/distribution).
Best regards
Great!
Yes, please PM me the specs on the new file format.

Or use my contact page to send me email:
http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4_contact.html

BTW, I learned about AlpineQuest from an announcement the USA USGS sent out about the webinar next week. I will be tuning in.

Joseph
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

@jelf

I would argue that AQ is THE best mapping App on Android and very possibly THE best of all Android Apps... Great choice for your development :-)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Jelf, I've just sent you an email.
And thanks Yemble!
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !