The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

AQM file format with Microsoft

It's all about maps...
Chris

AQM file format with Microsoft

Post by Chris »

Hi,
I'm using Mobac on my computer to produce great maps for this excellent app (thanks a lot, 1st and only app I've bought in 6 years).
AQM is a great file format (maps are really compressed but very nice to read) but I deeply lack an AQM viewer on windows to check my maps before sending them to people by mail (very current before a trek with clients for instance...) and viewing them with my phone is a pain.
Any solution yet or in the future (I may help...)?
Thanks!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: AQM file format with Microsoft

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your support,
I plan to release a modified version of Mobac allowing users to better handle AlpineQuest maps, it shouldn't be a problem to add read support of generated maps for test purposes...
I can't give you a release date right now, but don't hesitate to ask for an update in some time.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Yemble

Post by Yemble »

AlpineQuest wrote:Hi and thanks for your support,
I plan to release a modified version of Mobac allowing users to better handle AlpineQuest maps, it shouldn't be a problem to add read support of generated maps for test purposes...
I can't give you a release date right now, but don't hesitate to ask for an update in some time.
Best regards
I did not realise that you are an author for MOBAC !

Would you please remove ALL of the ridiculous tile downloading restrictions from your modified version as they make MOBAC about as useful as a chocolate teapot for very large maps!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yemble wrote:I did not realise that you are an author for MOBAC !
I'm not!
It's just that Mobac is an "open source" software which means that anyone (with programming knowledge) can modify it and create a custom version...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !