The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Memory Map .qct format

It's all about maps...
crinklystarfish

Memory Map .qct format

Post by crinklystarfish »

Hi all, apols if this has been asked before.

I have just downloaded the AQ Lite version to see if the app will read my Memory Map Maps. The one in particular that I would like to access is a 1:50,000 Ordnance Survey map of the whole of Great Britain, the file size is about 3GB.

The App makers suggest that customers try to see if the Lite version will read .qct maps before buying the full version so I've loaded my .qct file to the 'maps' folder created by the AQ app and sure enough it appears in the list of onboard maps.

However, when I try to select it all I get is a pop-up saying 'This feature is not available in the Lite Version'

Does this mean the full version won't read the .qct file too? My .qct file is of about 2004/5 vintage and has, until the introduction of Android V5 worked perfectly in Memory Maps own App. Now lollipop is here Memory Maps own App will not read their own older .qct files without crashing / macro blocking.

Am I wasting my time buying the full version of AQ?

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Memory Map .qct format

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,

Yes you can read .QCT maps using AlpineQuest. Right now all .QCT maps have been reported as working.
Using the free Lite version you should be able to display one .QCT map. The app restore the previous map on startup, maybe it's already a QCT map?

Let me know if you have any issues.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the response.

I un-installed and re-installed the Lite App to get round any cache issues then dropped my .qct Memory Map OS 1:50000 Langranger map (full UK coverage) into the AQ Map folder.

I opened the app, selected the map and it displayed :D . I then tried to zoom out and pan to a different part of the UK at which point one of the 'stored' maps reloaded. :cry:

I then tried to reselect my .qct map from the 'onboard' maps folder but all that happens now is that I again repeatedly get the pop-up that 'This feature is not available in this free version'

I've closed and opened the app a few times but it won't work.

I had the briefest glimpse of the .qct map upon first opening it but now I'm not allowed to open it again no matter what I try.

My .qct map is about 3 Gig in size and is a fully licenced Memory Map product dating from 2005.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
I don't think there is any problem with your map since you displayed it successfully.
After starting the application, you can check the map currently used by clicking on the "Maps" menu, then "Displayed maps and layers". If the QCT map is not displayed, then you should be able to select it one time. Be sure to correctly close the app (using the "Back" button, not the "Home / Middle" one).

Post by Guest »

Thanks again for the prompt response.

I've quickly got to grips with the App and the selection of different maps etc but I think I may have misunderstood the promotional text.

Is it the case that I can only open one .qct map on one and only one occasion just to make sure it can be read - and then I have to buy the full App to have unlimited access to .qct files?

If so, unless I've misread, this isn't clear from your promotional text.

I like the App and will buy the full version if I can be sure I will be able to read my .qct file at any time I choose.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again, yes the Lite version allows you to select only one QCT map one time (you cannot even choose another map and re-select the previous QCT one). The Lite version is intended to be used with another format (AQM maps) made by MOBAC. For QCT maps, you need the complete version. And yes, with the complete version, you are able to do whatever you want. This limitation is just a way to let user test their maps using the free version.
Please let me know where you have seen the promo text and I'll make it more clear, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Post by Guest »

Thank you,

I read the promo text in your App listing in Google Play's App store:

"• Memory-Map support (QuickChart .qct maps only, .qc3 maps not compatible, test your maps using the free version first)"

This to me clearly implies it's possible to fully test all .qct maps without restriction. It would have been much more clear if it was explained that only one map is able to be tested and additionally, only on one occasion.

If that had been part of the promo text I wouldn't have had to trouble you with questions.

Good App though, and good support too, I'll spread the word...
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback.
I'll update the text,
Best regards
ludwigegg

Post by ludwigegg »

Hi i am having trouble opening Memory map maps. I have successfully opend older versions in the past but my 2015 maps are not working can you help please.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Can you describe your problem?