The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Moving to AlpineQuest, can I use Offline Maps map files?

It's all about maps...
eas

Moving to AlpineQuest, can I use Offline Maps map files?

Post by eas »

I currently use OfflineMaps but am considering changing to AlpineQuest. I have a large number of maps stored already on my external SD card.
Can I simply install AlpineQuest and point it at the external drive directory on my SD card? Will Offline Maps still work with the maps afterwards?

I don't want to lose all the maps I have painstakingly downloaded so would prefer to know for sure that both programs will continue to work on the same device before installing AlpineQuest!

Thanks,

(P.S. Not using Android 4.4 so external SD card permissions issues are not relevant).

Liz
eas
Scottish Highlands, UK
--
AlpineQuest 1.4.22 and 1.4.22b
Samsung Galaxy S II : Android 4.1.2 --- Sony Tablet S : Android 4.0.3 --- Hudl2 : Android 5.1
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Moving to AlpineQuest, can I use Offline Maps map files?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi again and thanks for your interest in our applications.

You won't be able to point AlpineQuest to the OfflineMaps folder, however, you can just rename the folder from "OfflineMaps/" to "alpinequest/" to re-use all your data in AlpineQuest.

In fact, it's not possible to use the same storage folder in both apps at the same time. However, AlpineQuest contains all features of OfflineMaps and have additional ones dedicated to hiking, so as soon as you use AlpineQuest, you don't need OfflineMaps anymore.

If you already have the paid version of OfflineMaps and get the paid one of AlpineQuest, you can e-mail me both Google Play order IDs so I can refund OfflineMaps.

Let me know
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !