The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

NPS Visitors Map

It's all about maps...
oilfighter

NPS Visitors Map

Post by oilfighter »

Alpine Quest has CalTopo as a mapsource, however, the online version found here:

http://caltopo.com/

also has the NPS Visitors Map (The map that National Park Service hands out). It's pretty helpful, is it possible to add it to AlpineQuest?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: NPS Visitors Map

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your suggestion.
I have added 3 more visitor maps available on Caltopo. Just browse the community maps again and re-select "USA Caltopo maps" to update your maps and include them.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
oilfighter

Post by oilfighter »

Re-added the Caltopo maps and the new maps showed right up. Thank you so much! This is one of the best apps that I've used.
I did run into a issue (kinda), when using the NPS Visitor Map, if I zoom in too far, I get the message:

[bad code: 403 - Forbidden]

on the map tiles. Could you tell me what the error code means?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback.
The error message is displayed when you try to display an area not covered by the map. This is because these new maps only cover spare areas, and when looking outside of these areas, the map server sends this message.
I'll try to improve this in the next update (hide the messages in such cases), but right now just ignore them.
Best regards
oilfighter

Post by oilfighter »

I see, I figured that was the case. Not a big deal for sure. Thanks again for adding the new maps!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Just for your info I have updated the set again and set these new maps as layers so the previous map is not removed. This is quite useful since only little areas are covered. I have also added some info so the next version won't display these messages.
Best regards