The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Onboard Maps

It's all about maps...
ludger.ostrop

Onboard Maps

Post by ludger.ostrop »

Hi,
I not very familiar with the AlpineQuest Pro for Android because I installed it yesterday. So perhaps this is a silly question ...

I created a set of onboard maps (AQM) using Mobile Atlas Creator for my holidays in Scotland and loaded them into the alpinequest/maps directory on my android phone. So far so good ...
When I load one of those maps and scroll to the border of the map the adjacent map is NOT loaded automaticly. After zoomig out from the map (until the base map is shown) and after that zooming in again ist the same problem: some other map is shown but not my custom map.

A workaround is to load the set of onboard maps as a layer (each separately) and store this as a favorite.

Is this the only way AlpineQuest supports 'seamless' maps that are stored in serveral mapfiles?

Thank's a lot an best regards
Ludger
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Onboard Maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your interest in our application.
Yes you're right, maps are not auto-loaded when scrolling them outbounds.
However you should be able to do so using the '+' and '-' zoom buttons. Be sure to put all your maps in the same folder, and to leave the maps explorer on this same folder. When going back to the default map using the '-' button, you should see the outlines of all the maps in the folder, and should be able to select the one available for the screen center using the '+' button. Let me know if you don't.

On-board maps handling will be improved in the next versions, we'll try to improve this part.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
ludger.ostrop

Re: Onboard Maps

Post by ludger.ostrop »

Hi,
it's great news that you're going to improve the handling of onboard maps. I would prefer an automatic loading of adjacent maps when scrolling outbounds.

When zooming from the base map it's possible to see the outlines of the underlying maps as you described. Loading the separate maps as layers works and looking at the display it's like one big 'seamless' map.
When I tried this out i had some weird cache(?) effects (some of the maps were displayed others not), but I was experimenting with the directory structure. So don't care about that.

I'm looking forward to the next release.

Best regards
Ludger