The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Which map formats can we use?

It's all about maps...
Mikeh727

Which map formats can we use?

Post by Mikeh727 »

Is the .AQM format the only map that can be used? I noticed that another user mentioned a different type of maps. Or is that something that you can choose in the Map Creator? I'll have to play with that I guess, but if there are other, ready to use downloadable maps, I'd be interested to know what they might be.

Thanks!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Which map formats can we use?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Right now AlpineQuest can only read AQM maps.
AQM map format has been especially developed for AlpineQuest. The goal was to have a map format with a simple structure, easily readable on embedded devices without using much battery and memory.
AlpineQuest may read other map formats in the future, depending on users need, but nothing has been asked until now.
I think that the user who talked about different type of maps meant different type of data sources for the maps.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
jonnybags

Post by jonnybags »

Pls can you do memory map comparability or contact them and offer a deal?!! Am desperate to get ordnance survey landranger maps installed and working on my Android!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
Memory Maps support is not planned in a near future. Ozy maps support should be featured before.

I'm not familiar with OS maps but in the AQM Map Creator you can choose "Multimap UK OS Maps" as map source. Zoom Levels 14 -> 16 are different from the first levels and are very detailed (topo like).

Are they very different from landranger maps ?
Regards
AlpineQuest
Gythral

Post by Gythral »

AlpineQuest wrote: I'm not familiar with OS maps but in the AQM Map Creator you can choose "Multimap UK OS Maps" as map source. Zoom Levels 14 -> 16 are different from the first levels and are very detailed (topo like).

Are they very different from landranger maps ?
Regards
AlpineQuest
Multimap UK OS Maps, level 14 is the 1:50000 Landranger data, & 15 is the 1:25000 Explorer data, with the grid aligned to North, rather than Grid North, hence the slight offset from vertical. As far as I can tell level 16 is a scaled up version of the 1:25000 data. (1:50k doesn't show field boundaries, [walls or fences], the 1:25k does)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

OK thanks for this explanation.