The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Sharing stored maps with other Alpinequest users

It's all about maps...
onfootholidays

Sharing stored maps with other Alpinequest users

Post by onfootholidays »

Is it possible to send a stored map to another party - eg by Email? If so what, in addition to the name of the map (as shown in "details") should be sent? There are two other files I can see with similar prefixes (in this instance "COM.12")
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Sharing stored maps with other Alpinequest users

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes you can send stored maps configuration to other parties.
You just need the "xxx.AQX" file so the other user can have the map and download/display data.
All the other files (one ".DAT" and ".IDX" per map, a file can contains various maps, like 'Aerial', 'Roads', etc.) contain the stored data. You can send them if you want to also share the stored data to the other user, but they can be very large.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
onfootholidays

Post by onfootholidays »

Thanks Team. If I just send the (tiny) .aqx file will this enable the other party to download the specific map I have on my device, and if so how. Are there any online instructions he/I can follow?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Yes,
Be sure that he put the file in the same folder that on your device, and after restarting the application the map will be available in the online maps list.
Note that custom maps like that require the complete version.
Best regards
onfootholidays

Post by onfootholidays »

Thanks - I will try myself first and see if I have any difficulties!
onfootholidays

Post by onfootholidays »

Not sure what I was meant to do with just the .AQX file. I satisfactorily deleted then reinstalled all three files, so proved it was possible. But when I tried just reinstalling the .AQX file, nothing happened. Its OK - we can share all three files via Dropbox.

On another point, will all Android devices store such maps in AlpineQuest/Cache/Custom-Maps? I need to tell another user where to place the files he receives from me.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

The .AQX file contains the definition of the maps. It's the only requested file.
The two other files contain the data (ie stored images of the maps), they can be shared so that the other user do not need to store again the data, it will be ready to use.

All versions will store the data in 'AlpineQuest/Cache/Custom-Maps'. However, this folder can be on the internal device memory or external SD Card depending on the device.

Best regards