The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Lonvia maps

It's all about maps...
Harm

Lonvia maps

Post by Harm »

Can you please add both the Lonvia Hiking and the Lonvia Cycling maps to your great app?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Lonvia maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for you suggestion.
I have updated the current 'waymarked trails' layers map (seems to be the new name of Lonvia maps), which now includes hiking, cycling, mountain biking (mtb), skating and winter sport slopes layers.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Harm

Post by Harm »

Thanks for pointing to and updating of the Waymarked map. It is indeed equivalent to the Lonvia Hiking map, as displayed for instance in the app. of "My Trails".
It shows all of the important footpaths, like e.g. all of the GR trails (Grande Randonnees) in France. Thanks!
But the cycling trails are missing. In "My Trails" e.g. the Lonvia Cycling map can be selected additionally, and it contains the most important long distance cycling trails in Europe. The Lonvia Cycling map is the only map, that I know, that shows e.g. the EV3 , running from Trondheim (Norway) to Paris (EV= Euro-Velo)
Please try to add that map as an additional map to your great collection of maps. That would make your app almost complete and will allow us to rapidly switch between cycling/walking/satellite views, etc, and store all of the maps on the SD-card, without the need to switch to other hiking apps.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
I do have included all available layers. Be sure to also select the 'Cycling layer' to display cycle tracks. All layers must be selected independently.
If you don't see the other layers, then update the map: select any other map (like the default OSM map), then browse the community maps and select 'Waymarked trails' again.
The EV3 is correctly displayed with the cycling layer (see below).
Best regards
Screenshots.jpg
(78.29 KiB) Downloaded 4037 times

Post by Guest »

Works!
I selected "Explore maps", and then clicked in the bottom "Add new maps".
After that, in the "Explore maps" the full set of new and updated "Waymarked Trails Layers" was present
I added the Cycling layer, combined with Open map Roads to my "Maps and Layers".
Totally happy now. Thanks.

P.S Is it necessary to regularly check and update all of the other maps in the same way?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok that's great.
No you don't usually have to update maps. We update maps only if they become broken, otherwise we just add new maps. This particular update was an exception because the other layers where missing.
Best regards