The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Explore Maps and .AQM files

It's all about maps...
dchester4

Explore Maps and .AQM files

Post by dchester4 »

Hello,

I've been searching the forum and can't find the answer to my question. Maybe someone else can help me. I created a .AQM file and am not sure where to put it. I think it goes into the top level "OfflineMaps" directory. Is that right? I don't see that directory mentioned anywhere. I'm using version 1.14 on an HTC One and the "Explore Maps" option doesn't look the same for me as it does in the on-line help. I don't see a way to browse my device. Am I missing something? I haven't upgraded to the paid version yet. Is that maybe my issue?

Thanks,
Dan.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Explore Maps and .AQM files

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi.
In order to use on-board .AQM maps, you need to use the AlpineQuest application (the free version will read your .AQM maps).
Maps can be placed anywhere on the SD card (or even internal storage), then you need to use the 'Explore Maps' button to locate and select your maps. Here is the online help about on-board maps: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/maps/onboard-use.
Let me know if something isn't clear.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
dchester4

Post by dchester4 »

I'm using the application named "All-in-One Offline Maps." Does that recognize the .aqm files?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Unfortunately not.
On-board maps support is planned, but it won't be .AQM maps.
You should use your maps with AlpineQuest (free version). Both apps are very similar, AlpineQuest offers the same features, plus more ones dedicated to hiking.
Best regards
dchester4

Post by dchester4 »

Thanks for the clarification. I'm looking to use your application for motorcycling. I often find myself in areas where there is very poor service, so I'm looking for an android-based application that can store maps offline.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

You should check AlpineQuest, as explained all offline features are available, and can be used for any activity, not only hiking.

Note also that you don't need .AQM maps to use offline maps in the application "All-in-One Offline Maps", you just need to store areas as explained here: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... store-area.
dchester4

Post by dchester4 »

I did know that was there and it will work for me. I just liked the flexibility of creating the map on my PC and uploading it to my phone. Thanks again for your help!