The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Making a AQX file for the Belgian topographic maps

It's all about maps...
Reno

[closed] Making a AQX file for the Belgian topographic maps

Post by Reno »

Hello,

I’m trying to make an AQX file for the Belgian topographic maps. The maps are served on a WMS server hosted by the Belgian National Geographical Institute. The getCapabilities request is to be found here: http://www.ngi.be/testbed/wms/top10r_l0 ... ERVICE=WMS

Here’s how the XML looks like:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<aqx version="3">

<name>IGN/NGI Topo (Belgium)</name>

<source id="top10r_l08">
      <name>Topo 1/10000</name>
      <level type="wms">
          <zoom-values>5,7,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17</zoom-values>
        <servers>
          <bbox-crs-code>EPSG:4326</bbox-crs-code>
          <server><![CDATA[http://www.ngi.be/testbed/wms/top10r_l08_fr?REQUEST=GetMap&VERSION=1.1.1&LAYER=0&FORMAT=image/png&BBOX={$bbox}&SRS=EPSG:4326&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256]]></server>
        </servers>
      </level>
    </source>
</aqx>
When I load this file, I got « bad type: text/xml » instead of the tiles. In the maps details, in the technical information, I noticed that the layer is indicated as « false », but the correct name is « 0 ». Is it possible that AlpineQuest substitutes the 0 by false, and so is it not working?

Thanks in advance!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Making a AQX file for the Belgian topographic maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
This server is actually an wmts and not a wms.
I have made the config file and added it to the community map list. You can now access Belgian topo maps from AlpineQuest (select "Add more maps" from the online map list, be sure to use the last 1.4.11 version).
Let me know if you have any issue or find something wrong with this newly added maps.
Best regards

ps: concerning the Layer variable, the one displayed in the app has a different meaning: if it's a layer, selecting the map will add it over the current one instead of replacing it.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Reno

Post by Reno »

Hi, thank you for your quick reply and sorry to not have reacted sooner.

It works perfectly with the new maps. Actually I hesitated between asking for WMTS support to have this version of the topographic maps and using the WMS ones (since the support of WMTS is not mentioned on the product page).

But I have more than I excepted, so thank you a lot, and best wishes for the next year.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Yes you're right it's not mentioned...
Anyway it's good if it's working fine now,
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !