The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Error Message "bad code: 403 - Forbidden"

It's all about maps...
AustrianSkier

[closed] Error Message "bad code: 403 - Forbidden"

Post by AustrianSkier »

I'm using the excellent Austria Topo Map. Right now I get often the Error Message "bad code: 403 - Forbidden" when the application tries to connect. Can you help?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Error Message "bad code: 403 - Forbidden"

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
I've just made a try and I can display Austrian maps without issues.
Maybe you have reached your daily/monthly quota of display (have you extensively used the area downloader?) imposed by the map provider.
Also, you can try using another data access to check that it doesn't come from it (like a friend's wifi).
If it won't work, can you give me the approximate location you are displaying so I can check it?
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
AustrianSkier

Post by AustrianSkier »

Thanks for your quick reply! I've waited a couple of days 'til my download volume has been refreshed, though it is still not possible to download maps for certain areas (in others it works just perfect). For instance, when I try to download maps at coordinates 47°03'50.7''N 14°33'56.7''E I still get the error message as described above. Unfortunately this is also true for many other areas, where I use to do alpine skiing. There is no problem with downloading other maps, such as Google-Terrain. Is there any other way to get the Austrian topo map on my phone, e.g. by using a PC?

Thanks in advance for your support!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
I just made another test over your location and it works fine for me... I'm using the last 1.4.11 version. Do you have this one?
Could you try to display the map using another data access, like your WiFi is you're currently using the data network, or a friend's WiFi. The error code from the server specify a denied access, so it would check that it's not related to your IP or something like that.
AustrianSkier

Post by AustrianSkier »

Hi again!
I'm using version 1.4.10b. Unfortunately, using WLAN didn't solve the problem. For certain areas it's no problem to download maps, for others (and these are many) I still get the error message....
Thanks again in advance for your support!
AustrianSkier

Post by AustrianSkier »

Right now I have updated to version 1.14.12 and yeah everything works well now!
Thanks for your hints!
:D
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the update!
Best regards