The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Loss of contact with maps

It's all about maps...
santiago102

[closed] Loss of contact with maps

Post by santiago102 »

I have three OS maps stored on storage/extSDCard/Alpinequest/maps/Alpinequest/landmarks. All were working well but now all three have disappeared from view on AlpineQuest Maps & Layers (after I clicked 'Clear' under location tracker). How can I link them again, please? Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Loss of contact with maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The Location Tracker has nothing to do with the maps.
You should have a look at the online help, it seems you are mis-understanding some concepts in AlpineQuest.
Here is the part about maps: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/maps.
And here for onboard maps: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/maps/onboard-use.
Let me know if you need help then on a particular part.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
as if santiago102

Post by as if santiago102 »

I am using a Samsung galaxy Tab 2. The three OS map folders are in /storage/ExtSdCard/alpinequest/maps/. I can see them easily under 'Files'. I cannot open them from 'Files' and the message is that there is no application that can do this. Opening AlpineQuest and going to Maps, then Explore maps, I get six maps marked as 'OpenStreetmap Maps'. Above these is a 'folder' called 'Stored Maps'. This says 'All displayed areas are stored on your device'. There is no obvious way to get to the maps stored on the external drive. That is my problem. Should I just delete all the OS maps and re-install them from my PC?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Be sure to click on the top right icon, just right of 'Stored Maps' as explained in the online help given in my previous post.
Then you'll be able to explore your SD card, and locate your on-board maps.
santiago102 again

Post by santiago102 again »

Many thanks. It took a while and somehow the tablet eventually learned how to find the maps directly. Sorry for being slow but i am new to this software, android OS and tablets. Learning by my mistakes. :)

I wish I could find out how to use my user name without a message stopping me doing so because it is already in use! It's pointless as I just have to make something else up.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

No problem, it can take time to understand the principles of this app, you have nothing to worry about.
Concerning your username, let me know if you want me to reset your password.