The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Are multiple map layers possible?

It's all about maps...
eLocust3

[closed] Are multiple map layers possible?

Post by eLocust3 »

This is a great app but there is a shortcoming or maybe I am not using the free version correctly.
I would like to show at least 2 map layers at the same time: a base map with no transparency and a second map of points that has say 50% transparency so I can see the base map underneath. It seems that I can only load one map at a time and not more than that. When I go to Displayed Maps & Layers, I see the loaded map plus the Base map which by default is the Background World Map. So how can I do the following:
(1) load another map so that I see three maps in the Displayed Maps & Layers: Base map (Background World Map) and my two maps (one base map, one point map)
(2) not have the Base map (Background World Map) load by default and select some other (my base map) as default base map
One last question - when I convert a referenced map (geotif) using MAPC2MAPC for AlpineQuest, I always get a white background but in fact I want no background (or make the white colour transparent). Any ideas?
I am sure I am not the only one here with these issues. Many thanks.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Are multiple map layers possible?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
By default:
- When you select a map (Google map, sat, etc.) from the explorer, the previous map is replaced.
- When you select a layer (Road names, shading, etc.) it is added over the current top map.
However, if you want to add a map as a layer, long press on it and simply select "Add as layer". The opacity will be asked at the bottom.
You cannot remove the base map, however you can add as many maps and layers as you want.

Concerning the white background, you should have a look at MAPC2MAPC if there is an option or something like that. AlpineQuest support transparent regions, but it has to be done by the map creator itself.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Mark184

Post by Mark184 »

For offline use, I've downloaded a topo map of a specific area... tests fine in "flight mode" on phone.
Can I download a different map of same region for offline use, in addition to and without getting rid of first? (so I can have both available offiline)?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Of course you can use how many maps/areas you want.
If you use the "store area" tool, all stored areas are combined and stored together.
Nothing is deleted, unless you manually select "clear cache" when long pressing a map.
Mark184

Post by Mark184 »

Many thanks for the quick answer! I LOVE this program. Sure beats carrying my heavy clunker of a gps!
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback!