The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Store Area function doesn't produce Onboard Map

It's all about maps...
janmkaminski

Store Area function doesn't produce Onboard Map

Post by janmkaminski »

I've spent some time trying to create an Onboard Map with the Store Area function. I cannot find a file created anywhere on my device. I have the full version and it appears to be downloading the tiles then "Process Terminated" for USGS Topo Maps. I understand that to be a signal that all tiles are downloaded. I look for the file and tried the recursive scan on all locations with no results. I've tried larger and smaller areas of the same region. I always get "This place is empty" in the default location. I have used MOBAC and downloaded the maps but bought the full version for the map creator. I follow the tutorials with no result and uninstalled/installed so I'm sure I'm using the right version.
Thanks for the help.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Store Area function doesn't produce Onboard Map

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and thanks for your support.
The store area tool won't produce on-board maps like MOBAC does. All stored areas are merged into one large file (area already stored won't be re-downloaded if selected) to remain available for offline use.
Since stored area are meant to be used with AlpineQuest itself, there is no need to create map files like MOBAC does.
Here is the detailed online help for this feature: http://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/1.4/ ... store-area

If you open the stored maps explorer, you'll notice that the stored data size of a map increase after storing an area (the used size is displayed under the map category names).

If the process terminate without errors, then it's properly stored. However you can check that easily by activating the airplane mode of your device to temporarily turn off the wi-fi and mobile network (to simulate being offline): stored area should be displayed fine.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
janmkaminski

Post by janmkaminski »

Thanks. Works great......field testing is not a good option where I go. Cell tower was out and no reception for 40 miles.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Perfect! Thanks for the feedback
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !