The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Advise on creating Maps

It's all about maps...
twoten

Advise on creating Maps

Post by twoten »

I have been playing with Mobile Map Creator and it works really well.

I notice in the instructions on your website you recommend a Max map size of 100MB, I guess that blows out the 1GB map I've just created.

Having played I now know I only really need the 14, 15 a& 16 zoom levels on my phone. If I create different maps with adjoining edges will AlpineQuest know to load the next map area or will I have to into the Maps menu and load the map manually?

The 100MB limit, is the .AQM file limit?

Is there any other help on creating Maps available?
Samsung Galaxy S4
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Advise on creating Maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
The AQM format doesn't really have a size limit.
The 100Mo. limit on the tutorial page is a bit out-dated, and related to the loading time (I will update it) which can be long for large maps.
On newer devices, the map loading is quite fast even on big maps (like 1GB), and you can use such maps without any problem.
On very big maps, you will probably encounter OutOfMemory errors, but I have not tested the size limit (which depends on the device memory). I'll try with few GB.

AlpineQuest will not automatically swich to another map when scrolling to a map edge. This feature has allready been asked and will be added soon. As of version 1.0.7 you will need to select the other map manually.

If you want to create large area maps, be careful of modifying the "Max size map" setting in the map creator, otherwise you will meet this issue.

I know the help is quite limited, but feel free to ask all your questions on this forum.

Regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !