The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Collection of offline maps

It's all about maps...
antimon

Collection of offline maps

Post by antimon »

Hi there,

Im am soon going on a short trip through China but I will not have any internet connectivity so there's again the problem with maps on my phone. I will visit the cities HongKong, GuangZhou, HangZhou, SuZhou and BeiJing and I would need detailed maps of them in order to find my way through. I tried MOBAC but as expected I can only get zoom level 16 which is too less for a innter-city navigation and also I keep getting a lot of "this application exceeds usage"-tiles which are therefore unusable.

Therefore, no chance using OSM data. Therefore I wanted to ask if somebody by chance has an AQM or QCT of the name cities or China and is willing to share (like for example earlier OSM extracts). It would be nice to have kind of a shareing thread where we can exchange already generated maps.

Best regards,
antimon

PS.: If anybody has a better suggestion how I may obtain high-zoomable maps of China or at least the named cities I'd be more than happy to hear about that :)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Collection of offline maps

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
We don't have any pre-created maps on our servers.
However you should be able to create a large scale map of China, plus more detailed maps for the cities only.
AQM maps can be very large so I think you can manage to create detailed maps of main cities.
Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !