The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

change header in duplicate named AQM map files

It's all about maps...
smipx013

change header in duplicate named AQM map files

Post by smipx013 »

Hi,

I have used MOBAC to create two sets of maps. Unfortunately both sets of maps have the same name so before I transfereed them to the SD card on my Android I renamed them to be able to distingush them. The MOBAC build took a long time so I don't really want to have to recreate them.

AQ1 => OSM offline maps of home area
AQ1_1 => OSM offline maps of home area

AQ1 => OS maps of Home Area
AQ1_1 => OS maps of Home Area
AQ1_2 => OS maps of Home Area

It looks like AlpineQuest does not use the name of the map to determine which parts to load but rather the metadata within the AQM file itself.

Is there any way to modify the metadata to name the maps correctly? At teh moment the app is getting confused when I zoom and loading the wrong AQ1 maps.

Thanks
Paul
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: change header in duplicate named AQM map files

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes you're right, AlpineQuest uses and displays the "metadata name" for AQM and QCT maps. This is a better name than the file name, which can be truncated and doesn't allow all characters.

Unfortunately I don't know any easy process to change this name. If you haven't cleared the cache of MOBAC, you will be able to recreate the same maps without downloading anything again (but I know that the packing itself can be also long, but this will be much faster than first time).

I you have some experience in computers, you may open the AQM file with an hexadecimal file editor, locate the map name and change it. If you want to do so, I can explain how to proceed.

Best regards
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !