The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Night/Dark Mode

Something wrong? Report it here
fluidicice

Night/Dark Mode

Post by fluidicice »

Issue:
Night mode isn't technically 'dark' as most people would expect it to look like, but rather a less light white.

Could there be an added option for a true dark mode with light icons, or a modification to the existing night mode?
Unsure if this is a bug or this less-white night mode was intended. Additionally, an option to set the color of the grey map background in conjunction with the map opacity would allow users to set how 'dark' the maps appear on-screen.

Secondary Issue:
Due to the current slight change of menu colors when using night mode, some of the icons are hard to see such as the 'edit pencil' on the right when looking at a waypoint file's settings.

Phone: Galaxy S10+ running stock A11, and a second S10+ running A11 on e/os, both displaying the same thing.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Night/Dark Mode

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes absolutely there is no dark mode right now, only a light mode that reduces contrasts.
A dark mode is planned (see waiting list "Night mode alternative display for GPS, tracker and compass windows").
But there are so much waiting that right now I cannot give you any availability date.
I'll also have a look at the edit icon while using the night mode and see what I can do.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !