The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Can't share to Google Drive

Something wrong? Report it here
whchai.klc

Can't share to Google Drive

Post by whchai.klc »

Hi, I am currently using AlpineQuest 2.3.3. Everything work great so far but for some reason i am not sure if its a bug, but I am unavailable to share .are files / kmz file / any type of files into google drive. After pressing "share" the pop up menu shows apps like " whatsapp / drive / dropbox ". Everything i press goes to that application i press BUT GOOGLE DRIVE. When i press GOOGLE DRIVE, it only load back into the map and nothing else happen.
Any help would be appreciated thanks
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Can't share to Google Drive

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
If the SHARE button works for all other apps except Google Drive, then it seems a problem in Google Drive.
Be sure to have the latest Google Drive version.

In the application, you can also try to check the option "Use media folder" in the "Storage device" setting. It will export your files in another folder, maybe Google drive will work from this folder. Then export your KML file and try to share to Google Drive.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
whchai.klc

Post by whchai.klc »

Hi.. i checked the version. The google drive already up to date. And i tried the "media folder" it didnt work as well.

I tried this sharing option to google drive on my another phone... it also didnt work. Whenever I share to GoogleDrive, after pressing the logo nothing happen. Unlike other application, it will jump to that app. Is there any other things i can do

Thank you
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Sorry for the troubles.
Unfortunately right now I don't know what is the problem.
whchai99

Post by whchai99 »

Hi Psyberia,
Sorry it could be my english that is the issue that you don't understand. I uploaded a video of the issue on youtube (https://youtube.com/shorts/I-_mR_4SOK8?feature=share).

In the video I showed, how the application react to sharing to different application such as onedrive / dropbox and google drive. As you can see in the video, nothing happens when I press google drive. This is the same even if I tried exporting the area as a file (kmz/gpx/kml).

Thank you
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi,
The problem was clear, you explained it fine, but thank you for the video.

It's just that the list of applications available for sharing is not part of the application, it's part of the Android system.
The application only tells "I want to share this file". Then the Android system will check all installed apps on the user device and make this list automatically, and display it.
The application is not even aware which application has been chosen by the user, this is all secret, so that applications do not even know which other applications are installed on the user device, to protect you privacy.

So if sharing to Dropbox or other apps works fine, it means that AlpineQuest does share the file correctly. I just don't know why Drive does not work, it may even be a problem within this application.