The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Picture waypoint

Something wrong? Report it here
alexlong

[closed] Picture waypoint

Post by alexlong »

Hi, François.

After deleting the picture waypoint from the application, the image itself remains in the application folder in the "pictures" subfolder.
Is this normal or not?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Picture waypoint

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Alex,
Yes absolutely, right now this is the expected behavior.
This topic has been recently discussed here (in french), the conclusion was that maybe it would be good to ask the user to delete or not the image, because I don't want this to be done without user consent. Because if you link any image from your Gallery, you may want to remove the point but not the original image. Also, if you delete a waypoints set or a placemarks files with hundred of waypoints, do you also want to delete associated images?
Note that:
- In the "Edit details"' of a waypoint, when you have a picture you have a menu from where you can delete the picture.
- The same question also arise for audio waypoints, and all data that may be linked to a point.
This is why right now I leave this like this. I'll see what I can do in the future.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
alexlong

Post by alexlong »

Yes, that's right. I completely forgot that images for waypoints can not only be photographed, but also applied ready-made, for example, from the gallery. And in this case, deleting the image along with the waypoint can lead to a problem.

I think you should really leave it as it is. In any case, users can just manually delete unnecessary photos. This is better than regretting about automatically deleted photos.
writerpiglet

Post by writerpiglet »

alexlong wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:04 am Yes, that's right. I completely forgot that images for waypoints can not only be photographed, but also applied ready-made, for example, from the gallery. And in this case, deleting the image along with the waypoint can lead to a problem.

I think you should really leave it as it is. In any case, users can just manually delete unnecessary photos. This is better than regretting about automatically deleted photos.
Manually removing pixels didn't work as I expected. The pixels are not completely erased.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [closed] Picture waypoint

Post by Psyberia-Support »

You can increase the numbers of erased colors as explained here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... e_to_erase
It you have more question, open a new topic with a clear description.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !