The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Location permission problem - Play Store version

Something wrong? Report it here
Marcus

Location permission problem - Play Store version

Post by Marcus »

Hi,

I just purchased AQ 2.3.2 from the Play Store yesterday, after being impressed with the Lite version.

Unfortunately the best location permission available are 'Allow only while using the app'. This is obviously problematic. To compare, I downloaded the website version and this lets me assign 'Allow all the time' in permissions.
Is there something I'm missing in the store version, or some way I can link my purchase to the website version?

As an aside; I'd be happy to keep the app open if the screensaver feature needed either a double tap or long press to turn off. But just brief contact turns the screen back on, making this useful feature a little tricky to use.

For info I'm running Android 12 on a Samsung S10e.

Thanks,

Marcus
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Location permission problem - Play Store version

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Marcus and thank you for your support,

In fact, the application does not need the "All the time" location permission. The application will never use your GPS location when it's not started.
Note that when the track recorder is started, the application is also considered as started, because you have personally started this service (it didn't start by it's own at a random time). So it will be able to record your location even if the main application window is not displayed (closed or in the background).
If you have troubles with the track recorded, please disable the battery optimisations for AlpineQuest as explained here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... k_recorder

The website version does not have all the restrictions for Android 11 (that are now mandatory on the Play Store), in particular the new files access restrictions that are soooo annoying.

Best regards
François
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Marcus

Re: Location permission problem - Play Store version

Post by Marcus »

All seems to be working well now. Thanks for the info and support François :)

M