The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

cannot share track as any type of file

Something wrong? Report it here

cannot share track as any type of file

Post by Guest »

First time in having this issue. I'm attempting to export a few tracks. I typically export as KMZ and then share to my Google drive. after exporting it will not allow me to share to anything. a few selections will bring up an error that says "Upload Failed. Permission was not given to access file to upload.". I can't find anywhere to access permissions through the app, and I checked the permissions on my phone itself.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: cannot share track as any type of file

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
After exporting a file and trying to open it from another app, can you make an error report from the app (main menu -> more -> report errors) so I can get at least some information?
Thanks in advance
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Calin

Post by Calin »

Hello,
I have the same issue, only that I export as GPX and after that, share them to Google Drive. I can share the GPX to other app (Relive for example) but not to Google Drive (where I am interested to share it).
Maybe is important to note that it used to work well before I updated my phone's software and AlpineQuest app.
I have sent today an error report from the app as you requested above.
In case you need:
AlpineQuest 2.3.2
One UI version 3.1
Android version 11
I would be very grateful if you could solve this bug as it is very annoying to have to connect the phone with a cable to a computer and find the folder where the track is saved.
Thank you.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Calin,
Sharing files between apps starting with Android 11 is a pain. AlpineQuest has been updated accordingly and follows all Android guidelines so right now unfortunately I'm not aware of anything else to do if file sharing doesn't work with some particular apps. Especially if file sharing does work fine with some apps, meaning that has been done correctly.
Here are few things you can try:
- Use "Open" instead of "Share" after exporting your file;
- In the app settings, select the "Storage device" preference and check the "Use the media folder to store pictures, audio files and exported files" option at the bottom, then try to export your file again.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !