The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Distance/speed error

Something wrong? Report it here
Keedspills

Distance/speed error

Post by Keedspills »

Android user. I've recently experienced inaccuracy (20% ish) in my walking speed and distance travelled when tracking a repeated walk over an OS Explorer map. I realise there may be an issue with my mobile phone but the problem has only been present since I've played with movement sensitivity settings and changed units between metric and imperial.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Distance/speed error

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
It would be great if you could email me some track files I can look at to get a better idea.
Please note that:
- The tracking does not depends on the distance units, inside the application only metric is used, then it's converted to imperial only upon display.
- Tracking settings (frequency) may impact a little the global distance and speed, but not as much as 20%, and you can visually compare the results by looking at the recorded tracks on the map.
- Some GPS errors may also create elevation spikes (visible on the elevation profile) that could increase the overall distance and so speed. In this case it's possible to delete those points.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !