The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] My Placemarks disappeared from LOCAL PLACEMARKS

Something wrong? Report it here
eyesore9

[fixed] My Placemarks disappeared from LOCAL PLACEMARKS

Post by eyesore9 »

From "Explore Placemarks", tap the hamburger icon and a side screen pops out. Under "LOCAL PLACEMARKS" I expect to see three items: SD Card, My Placemarks, and My Downloads. However My Placemarks is missing.
Screenshot_20211104-150057.png
(491.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
If under LOCAL PLACEMARKS I look at SD Card / Android / Data / psyberia.alpinequest.full then the Files folder is shown as being empty.
Screenshot_20211104-150937 (2).png
(50.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet
If however I use another file manager app to look at SD Card / Android / Data / psyberia.alpinequest.full then the Files folder is shown as being populated
Screenshot_20211104-150328 (2).png
(62.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet
and if I drill down further then all of the many placemark files and folders I expect to see are there.
My phone is an Huawei Honor 6X running Android 7.0. AlpineQuest version is 2.2.9b.
If I attempt an error report it says there are 0 errors.
ES File Manager reports Internal Storage as 94% used: 22.76GB out of 24.18GB and SD Card Storage as 93% used: 27.77GB out of 29.71 GB.
Many thanks for the AlpineQuest app it it brilliant!
Angus
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: My Placemarks disappeared from LOCAL PLACEMARKS

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Angus,
Thank you for your report and sorry for the troubles,
You're right that the some additional folders should be listed.
Please make an error report from the application, even if there are no errors it will give me crucial information on what's going on...
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
eyesore9

Post by eyesore9 »

Many thanks for your quick reply.
The phone on which the problem is occurring is actually my girlfriend's and she is away for a few days. I've emailed her asking her to generate and send the error report. Hopefully she will do it in the next day or so. The comment on the report should be "My Placemarks missing" and the email address will be mine. I'll let you know when she has sent the report.
eyesore9

Post by eyesore9 »

My girlfriend has now sent the error report. I asked her to perform these actions before sending the report:
  • Close Alpine Quest if it is currently running (to ensure we start a fresh error report).
  • Start Alpine Quest.
  • Tap the "Placemarks" menu button (the "Flag" icon at the bottom)
  • Tap the "Explore Placemarks" item on the menu that pops up.
You should then see a "Local placemarks" title at the top of the screen with a "Hamburger " icon (three horizontal lines) to the left of the "Local placemarks" title.
  • Tap the hamburger icon.
A window should slide out from the left side showing the following (except that the "My Placemarks" line under LOCAL PLACEMARKS is missing)
LOCAL PLACEMARKS
SD Card
My Placemarks
My Downloads
ONLINE PLACEMARKS
My Placemarks
  • Select "SD Card"
  • Select "Android"
  • Select "data"
  • Select "psyberia,alpinequest.full"
  • Tap the hamburger icon again to make the window slide out from the left once more.
  • This time tap "My Downloads".
  • Tap the back button to return to the main Alpine Quest window showing the map.
Hope this is useful.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the report, I got it.
The internal storage simply seems inexistant, this is very strange. However I can confirm it does exist.
Did she try to restart the device completely? Does all other apps correctly use the internal storage?
One last question, if she goes in the "About" dialog (main menu -> More -> About), scroll down until "Technical information", what does she see for "Device ESD"?
Sorry for all those questions.
I'll make a new beta version within a few days that will try to handle this particular situation.

Until then, in case she really needs to access the internal device memory, she can copy/paste this line in the file "[internal storage]/Android/data/psyberia.alpinequest.full/files/user_settings.conf":
landmarks.features.offlinelandmarks.explorer.display_root=1
and restart the app. This will add an extra choice in the "Explore placemark" choices.

Sorry for all the troubles.
eyesore9

Post by eyesore9 »

Yes we did try powering off and powering on the phone. It made no difference, the "My Placemarks" line was still missing.
We haven't noticed any other apps having problems with internal storage.
I have emailed her to ask for her "Device ESD" line and will pass it on as soon as I receive it.
Incidentally I noticed that in the new forum post "+" button disappear Explore Placemarks and placemark files aren't visible the screenshot SD_card_location.jpg is showing the same symptom, i.e. the "My Placemarks" line is missing.
Thanks.
eyesore9

Post by eyesore9 »

The Device ESD line is:
Device ESD: /storage/6362-3532
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks.

I've published beta version 2.2.9c.r7320. You can update it from the Play Store, first enroll for the beta test program of AlpineQuest, then you'll receive beta versions in addition to regular versions.
I hope it will fix this problem.

Note: I don't think this problem is related to the other post. In your case, the system does return the external SD card when the app request the internal storage. In the other case the internal storage is correctly returned.
eyesore9

Post by eyesore9 »

Many thanks for the quick response. I'll be meeting up with my girlfriend early next week. We will try out the beta version then and I'll report back as soon as possible after that.
eyesore9

Post by eyesore9 »

I am happy to report that the beta version fixed the problem; "My Placemarks" is once again shown under LOCAL PLACEMARKS and all of our existing saved placemarks are intact.
My apologies for taking so long to let you know, unforeseen circumstances delayed our test somewhat.
Thank you.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Great, thank you very much for the feedback.
It's me to apologize for the troubles you had!
alphayash

Re: [fixed] My Placemarks disappeared from LOCAL PLACEMARKS

Post by alphayash »

Thanks for the info :)