The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[resolved] Track files not writing to SD card / AlpineQuest folders missing

Something wrong? Report it here
dgmckinney

[resolved] Track files not writing to SD card / AlpineQuest folders missing

Post by dgmckinney »

Configuration: Samsung Tab A7, Android V11, AlpineQuest V2.2.8c

Problem: folders associated with AplineQuest missing on SD Card and Internal memory after Android version update.

I tried the following to try to fix:

1) Confirmed that AlpineQuest had full permissions to write to memory
2) Exported track file to SD card as .kml result: claimed “Item correctly saved” on path /storage/2CB2-D47E/Android/data/psyberia.alpinequest.full/files/landmarks/Exported landmarks/track_20210617.kml.....however none of the alpinequest-related folders exist within the /Android/data folder.
3) Tried exporting the same track file to the internal storage, with the same result (path: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/psyberia.alpinequest.full/files/landmarks/Exported landmarks/track_20210617.kml....as before a cannot find the saved file.
4) Manually creating AlpineQuest folders within the SD card and internal storage – received “Operation failed error”
5) Cleared system cache and data – did not fix
6) Finally I backed up all apps and data to the cloud, reset the Tab A7 to factory settings, and then reloaded all apps and data. Result: same issue.
7) Apparently the Android update wiped all of the AlpineQuest folders from the SD card and internal memory and I cannot restore.
8) I can add a new folder inside the “/Android” folder, alongside the data folder, but not within the data folder, which I believe I could prior to the Android update.

Any suggestions to fix?

Thank you!

Respectfully,
Dennis
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Track files not writing to SD card / AlpineQuest folders missing

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
This is not an issue, it's just that newer Android versions does not allow users to browse the folder "/Android/data/", which is a sensitive folder.
Some files managers have been update to access this folder: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/commen ... folder_on/
If you want to export data out of AlpineQuest, you need to use the "Share" or "Open" buttons.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
dgmckinney

Post by dgmckinney »

Thank you for your response! My problem is that I would like to export a track as a .KML file, but AlpineQuest is trying to store to the /Android/data folder - which results in a ""Item correctly saved." message, even though the .KML has not been saved in the "/Android/data" folder. The Alpine Quest track export function does not offer a "Share" or "Open" option. Can AlpineQuest be modified to export to another location?
Thank you again!
Respectfully, Dennis
dgmckinney

Post by dgmckinney »

Update: I re-read the link and the key was to install and use "Files" by "Marc app and software" - which works! Thank you soooo much! Very Respectfully,

Dennis
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [resolved] Track files not writing to SD card / AlpineQuest folders missing

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Thanks for the feedback.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !