The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Totally wrong stats for my first hike

Something wrong? Report it here
dani

Totally wrong stats for my first hike

Post by dani »

Hi,

I just bought alpinequest and I recorded my first hike today. Unfortunately I see really and data when it comes to gain/loss. I change the noise setting to maximum yet I have a gain of ~900 Mt when it should be no more than ~600 (overestimating it): that's a 50% error.

I am attaching the graph of the stats. The hike is mainly an uphill hike, there are not many ups and downs (if none). I see there several peaks that are just not there. I marked some of the anomalies in the graph. In one (purple circle) I have a gain of 100 mt height per 10 MT distance (!!!). All those up and downs that you see in the graph are just not there. Many time I have a speed of 3.5 km/h, in one point I have a speed of 1.9 km/h (!). It is just all wrong.

I used another tracking app for the sake of comparison and I had the right gain in that app.

What am I doing wrong? Any help?

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-03-07-21-21-35-48_8cec455a5bcc9ec8510a95da263dbf5b~3.jpg
(194.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_2021-03-07-21-21-55-70_8cec455a5bcc9ec8510a95da263dbf5b.jpg
(142.03 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Totally wrong stats for my first hike

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
It looks like GPS errors that create spikes in the elevation profile.
You can try to set the noise reduction to "High" in the stats settings so the app will try to ignore those points, option 2 here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... s_settings
Alternatively, you can manually remove the points: display your track, click on it and select "Edit profile" to remove the points where the elevation is wrong.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !