The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Maximum scale level of map

Something wrong? Report it here
Alexander Rowan

[closed] Maximum scale level of map

Post by Alexander Rowan »

Hello!
How can I set maximum scale level of map?
For example OSM Standard Carto maximum scale level is 20.
When I add at top of it custom wikimapia layer with maximum scale level of 22, nothing changed. Program is using bottom layer limit of 20. And "+" zoom control scales up 20 level only.
Probably would be better using maximum zoom level from all layers, not only from bottom one.
Or probably add parameter MaximumGlobalScaleLevel=25 for "+" zoom control for example.
It is look like parameter "map.scales.default_overscaling_levels" with default value 4 (or above, no matter) doesn't work at all.
Parameter "maps.features.offlinemaps.overscaling_levels" for offline maps doesn't work also.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Maximum scale level of map

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Yes the application uses the zoom levels of the base (bottom) map, all maps and layers on top adjust to that.
So if you want to go until zoom level 22, you need to select a map that goes there.

Concerning the parameter "map.scales.default_overscaling_levels", it does work but it's limited to zoom 20 (it will not create overscaling levels after this limit).
In the next version, I'll remove this limitation (doesn't make sense anymore), so you'll be able to use this parameter in your particular case.

Until then, you can make a "fake" map that goes until zoom 22, and display it at the bottom. It should work.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !