The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[fixed] WAL support

Something wrong? Report it here
sted0200

[fixed] WAL support

Post by sted0200 »

Hey! I'm trying to open a 32gb .gpkg map but when I try to open the file I get the error message "try disabling WAL support". Someone who knows what's wrong. Is the file too large?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: WAL support

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi and sorry for the troubles.
The "WAL" option is a setting set inside the file. If it's activated, then your file must be in a folder that can be written by the application. This is usually not the case on the SD card anymore.
So in this case, you must disable this option. It can done easily (on a PC) with an application like SQLite Browser (free).
Open the file with this app, go in the "Edit pragma" tab, and choose "Journal mode" -> "DELETE", then Save.
Let me know.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
sted0200

Post by sted0200 »

Psyberia-Support wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:15 pm Hi and sorry for the troubles.
The "WAL" option is a setting set inside the file. If it's activated, then your file must be in a folder that can be written by the application. This is usually not the case on the SD card anymore.
So in this case, you must disable this option. It can done easily (on a PC) with an application like SQLite Browser (free).
Open the file with this app, go in the "Edit pragma" tab, and choose "Journal mode" -> "DELETE", then Save.
Let me know.
Unfortunately, that did not help. Journal mode had DELETE default. I saved the whole file but then the size decreased to 8kb and I got the same error message when I tried to open the map
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

This is not good.
After you see the error message, could you make an error report from the app (main menu -> More -> Report error) so I can have more details on the error.
Sorry for the troubles.
sted0200

Post by sted0200 »

Psyberia-Support wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:35 pm This is not good.
After you see the error message, could you make an error report from the app (main menu -> More -> Report error) so I can have more details on the error.
Sorry for the troubles.
Sorry but it probably went wrong on my part earlier. I downloaded the file again and then I get another error message instead. "Unsupported OGC WKT definition Added via Mapproxy :agj"
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Thanks for the additional information.

It seems the coordinate system definition of the map is not correct. There is a comment (apparently "Added via Mapproxy" !?) instead of this definition.

You'll need to remove this comment (sorry for all the troubles). Open the file again, select the "Browse data" tab, select the "gpkg_spacial_ref_type" table, click on the "Added via Mapproxy" in the "definition" column and remove this (in the right panel, remove the text and click on "Apply" and "Save changes"). This way the application will uses the coordinate system id (column "organization_coordsys_id") instead of it's definition (let's hope this id is known by the app, you can give me the values of the same row so I can check).

Alternatively, you can just wait for the next beta update (available in a few days) where I'll improve this point (use the id if the definition fails).

Sorry again.
sted0200

Post by sted0200 »

I want to start by thanking you for all your help. Unfortunately, it seems that I can not delete "Added via Mappproxy". I did as you said but I did not find "gpkg_spacial_ref_type" however I found it under "gpkg_spacial_ref_sys". Tried there to delete the text on the right side. Clicked Apply and then saved. Unfortunately, I still do not get deleted "Added via Mappproxy". I'm waiting for the next Beta and we'll see if it goes better then. Thanks for all your help.
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Ok no problem, I'll try to publish it today or tomorrow.
If possible, could you tell me which number is listed in the same row than "Added via Mapproxy"? (cause the app will use this number instead of the definition, but it must be a known coordinate system number)
sted0200

Post by sted0200 »

Psyberia-Support wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:19 am Ok no problem, I'll try to publish it today or tomorrow.
If possible, could you tell me which number is listed in the same row than "Added via Mapproxy"? (cause the app will use this number instead of the definition, but it must be a known coordinate system number)
IT WORKS. I tested the latest Beta and now it works as it should. Thanks for all your help. Awesome support;)
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

This if good news, thanks for the feedback!
sted0200

Post by sted0200 »

Psyberia-Support wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:05 am This if good news, thanks for the feedback!
When do you think this change will be included in the regular update?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: [fixed] WAL support

Hi,
The next official release in currently under testing/reviewing so it will be available in a few days if everything is right.