The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Mistakes in track details

Something wrong? Report it here
ma-xik

[closed] Mistakes in track details

Post by ma-xik »

Hallo, there are some problems with calculating tracking detales
I've made simple track and tried to edit it
Initial track:
IMG_20200819_215534.jpg
(158.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Just splitted:
IMG_20200819_215643.jpg
(184.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Partly deleted:
IMG_20200819_215753.jpg
(174.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Finally you can see that statistics is wrong.
Commonly i can't understand, how big mistake i can obtain editing long tracks...
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Mistakes in track details

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
What happens is that the application simply takes into account the "gaps" between segments (as straight lines). Because a track starts from the first point until the last point.
So when you delete an almost straight line segment, overall stats should not change a lot.
If you don't like this behavior, you can un-check the option "Include inter-segments gaps" (5) here: https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... s_settings

Also, if you make tests on drawn tracks with only a few points, be sure to set the "Noise reduction" setting (2 here) to "None" as the noise reduction may remove some points, and it can make a big difference when you have only a few points.

You should make your tests with those two settings changed and with tracks that have more points (or use a "route" instead of a "track" if you only have a few points).
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
ma-xik

Re: Mistakes in track details

Post by ma-xik »

Thanks a lot!
Additionally i understood that approximate length of every track parts doesn't calculate true length with consider of height gain (loss).
So everything seems correct.
But can i ask you about addition functionality - big red alert notification during deleting of track. I deleted several important tracks during trying to edit unnecessary points with no chance to undo..
Thanks for best android application!!!