The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

Elevation profile displays flat segments

Something wrong? Report it here
muratisik

Elevation profile displays flat segments

Post by muratisik »

I am a real AlpineQuest fan having initiated several friends into it. Thanks for the good quality and continuous support.

Lately, I have some strange behavior that I want to report as a possible bug:

When I display the Elevation Profile of any track (typically auto-routing), I notice that they contain flat segments as below: It is clear that this is not a "missing DEM data" problem, because the elevation for the center of the screen is displayed correctly at the upper-right corner.

Somehow this may or may not be related to the issue previously raised by user karolleon titled "Elevation profile incomplete" in November 2019.

For reference, I tried to attach the tracks that I was using, but the system does not seem to allow attaching KML files.

Thank you
Murat Isik, Istanbul, Turkey
muratisik

Re: Elevation profile displays flat segments

Post by muratisik »

I have not heard any acknowledgement of the strange behavior that I posted some time ago.
Could you reproduce it? Is there a plan to fix it?

I can try to help with further details and test data.

Thank you
Murat Isik
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Elevation profile displays flat segments

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi Murat, I'm really sorry for the delay.

Right now there is no know bug on the elevation data / profile.

However, there is a behavior you must know and that should be improved in the future: when you display the elevation profile of a long track, the application will take some time to download the elevation data of all the track.
And when it's done, it will unfortunately not update the elevation profile.
You must close it, then when all the elevation data is downloaded along the track (you have a visual feedback on the map, you should see the elevation data chunks being downloaded along the track), display again the profile.

For example, if you display again the same elevation profile of your screenshot, do you see again the problem?

If it doesn't help, would it possible for you to send me your track so I can check if everything loads correctly?

Edit: checking elevation data with only the map center is not enough, please display the "Elevation data coverage" layer to check which areas have elevations (step 10 here): https://www.alpinequest.net/en/help/v2/ ... ion_values
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !