The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Menu group of waypoints - bug or not?

Something wrong? Report it here
Ingensor

[closed] Menu group of waypoints - bug or not?

Post by Ingensor »

Hello again!
I have a question about the menu group of waypoints.

If you create multiple waypoints, the menu group of waypoints - absent.
And it only appears if you press the "Display All" (screenshot)

I think it would be correct if the group Waypoint menu will appear, if you have created more than one waypoint in the same folder.

Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Menu group of waypoints - bug or not?

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Actually this is the wanted behavior.

If you create one single point, or display one point, this point will be listed int the "Displayed placemaks" list alone. The point is not linked to any set or folder. This is why the folder does not appear when you select this point on the map.

If you display all waypoints of a folder (using display all), then the folder will be listed in the "Displayed placemaks". Not the waypoints. This is why in this case the folder is displayed when you select any point on the map.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Ingensor

Post by Ingensor »

Thanks for the explanation!
I understood. And you can make that folder is displayed when you select a point, if you have created more than one point in a single folder?
It will be more convenient, actually...
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Actually if you want to manage multiple waypoints together, you simply have to create a "Set of waypoints" instead of single waypoints.

If you create single waypoints, they are separate elements. As a convenience, you can display the complete parent folder (as you show in number 3), but displaying one waypoint must not display the others, because they are separate elements.

From your single waypoint, you can use "Group all" (item number 5 below 3) to create a set from your waypoints.

For example, in the folder "Unsorted placemarks", you can have a lot of waypoints, and you don't want to display them if you create a new unsorted waypoint.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
Ingensor

Post by Ingensor »

I understood. Thanks once again!!!