The support forum is temporarily read-only. For urgent requests, please email contact[at]psyberia.net

[closed] Auto-Routing

Something wrong? Report it here
hp.uebersax

[closed] Auto-Routing

Post by hp.uebersax »

Sice Version 2.2.4 the Auto-Routing feature does not use hiking trails, only car-streets. The transportation mode is set to Hiking, the Quelle to Automatic and the Maps are SwissTopo and Wanderwege from geo.admin.ch.
I think in the previous version the auto-routing used GraphHopper. When I set the Quelle to GraphHopper I am asked for a code, that I do not have.
How can the problem be solved?
Thanks and kind regards
H.P. Uebersax
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Re: Auto-Routing

Post by Psyberia-Support »

Hi,
Since version 2.2.4, the GraphHopper and Google Directions auto-routing services can only be used through the "Auto" mode. In this mode, the application will automatically choose a service based on the type of routing you have selected (foot, car, ...).
If you want to force the GraphHopper service, you need to create a (free) account here and use your own access key. Same for the Google Directions service.
Do you like AlpineQuest ? Leave a small comment on Google Play !
hp.uebersax

Post by hp.uebersax »

Thank you for your quick answer
two problems remain:
- in auto-mode and routing-type "foot", swiss Wanderwege (hiking trails) are not selected.
- I can not create an account at GraphHopper for I have no website, which is mandatory for registering.

Could we find a way for testing, if forcing GraphHopper would solve the problem of the Wanderwege?
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

Hi again,
The auto-routing uses online services, and does not depend in any way on the map currently displayed. Maps are basically only images.
For the GraphHopper account, you can try with any website, I'm not sure it's checked.
hp.uebersax

Post by hp.uebersax »

Hi
the problem is solved.
Last questions: Why did you change the default for Quelle from Graphhopper that works excellent, to Google Maps? Who wants to work with unsysmpathic Google when there is an other possibility? (No answers expected).
Thanks a lot for your support
H.P. Uebersax
Psyberia-Support
Site Admin

To answer your last question, simply because Graphhopper is too expensive for us.
So in automatic mode, only a few "foot" requests go to their service.